Wednesday, January 4, 2017

The Return

Dear gentle reader, it has been a long time since I last wrote in this blog. I'm sorry for dropping off the face of the blogosphere without notice but life (and death) has a way of changing one's focus. Genealogy and this blog had to take a backseat to other aspects of my life.

The biggest change was the death of my father, Ronald Warrener McKinlay, in September 2015. The challenge of witnessing his passing and subsequently completing his Ontario Death Registration document along with helping in writing his obituary took more out of me than I expected. Combine that with a full time job and also learning that Richard Noel Frizell, the husband of my late grand aunt, passed away in December 2015 I found that I just didn't feel like recording any more deaths. Genealogy was no longer fun. It is only recently that I have started back researching the various branches of my family lines.

The posts will not be on a regular schedule. However, I will try to write something up on a weekly basis about my genealogy research and how I answer the various questions that always seem to crop up when delving into one's family history.

I do hope you will stay tuned to see what I have learned over the past year and a half and what I will learn in the future.


4 comments:

  1. Sorry for your loss. It is never easy losing a parent... realizing that now YOU are the adult.
    Welcome back, I look forward to reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry for your losses. I understand you taking the time away. Welcome back. I will look for your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Jo. I already have a few posts queued for the next couple of weeks.

      Delete